Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ITV 2/3/4 HD are now FTA

Options
  • 01-11-2022 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭

As mentioned in the new channels thread ITV 2/3/4 HD are now FTA. Nice addition to any FTA box.

Post edited by JDxtra on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭RoTelly

May as well post this question here: -

I have a new TCL TV, dual tuner. No problem tuning in the HD Saorview channels but none of the main UK HD channels tune in correctly.

Each have a green pixelate screen and sound, but SKY NEWS HD and most of the News HD channels are viewable, so to are the test pictures for ultra hd and 4k.

Since the arrival of VMTV FOUR, RTÉjr remains hidden on channel 17.

I have retune both sat and terr.

______

Just one more thing .... when did they return that car

Yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭muffinhead

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

C4 HD is back on freesat but is down at channel 126. Very handy for any sports they show.

Edit .Didn't realise it was there with a year. Seems Freesat ownership now involves C4.

No All4 or Prime in the apps though of the old HD freesat boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Nice to have them in HD, especially for the sport. I think horse racing will be moved off the main ITV channel during the World Cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Anyone been able to tune in these on an LG TV? Have managed to get C4 HD and ITV2 HD but not ITV 3 and 4 HD. Says no signal found when I try to tune in manually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭Glaceon

ITV4 still had the encrypted flag on it last time I checked. So I had to include encrypted services to find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

It's alot easier if you change the Broadcast Country to UK rather than Ireland on your LG TV. That way you get the Freesat EPG and the TV will automatically add any new channels or frequency changes, just like a Sky box does

If you don't want to change then here are the frequencies for ITV3/4 HD

ITV3 HD - 11097 V 23000 3/4 DVB-S2 8PSK

ITV4 HD - 11068 V 23000 3/4 DVB-S2 8PSK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

I have a very old Vu+ Duo and just tried this.

The ITV 2,3,4 channels still have an encrypted logo but are fully viewable.

This is good :)

Edit to add: BBC3 HD and BBC4 HD are also now viewable. They weren't when I set up the box.

Post edited by Lorddrakul on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

TBH I've had trouble tuning in satellite channels since first getting the TV. Even choosing UK as location and entering a valid UK postcode has issues. Some channels will still show as encrypted even though it loads all the Freesat channels, the different regional alternatives and the EPG.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭Glaceon

Because these two timeshare with CBBC and Cbeebies, you can only manually tune them after 7pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

• Registered Users Posts: 8,318 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

These channels have great PQ on them since the move to HD on Satellite last month. It has been a great experience for me so far when I'm watching Family Guy, LaLiga and Bless This House.

Yes I agree,I watched the Charles Bronson Death Wish series over the last few weeks on ITV4 HD and the PQ was excellent for such old movies!

The SD and HD versions of ITV2, 3 and 4 have swopped places on the UK Sky EPG. HD channels are now at 118, 119 and 120. SD at 816, 817 and 818.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

I wonder will we ever get Film4 in HD on freesat?

Advertisement