Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Opel Adam with 'Service Vehicle Soon' warning

Options
  • 31-10-2022 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

Hi

I have an Opel Adam with a 'Service Vehicle Soon' warning that keeps appearing.

I connected up a cheap error code reader and got the error 'P0171 System Too Lean Bank 1'.

I did a bit of research and came up with the breather valve being a likely cause and this turned out to actually be faulty. The valve no longer closed and I could blow through it, as opposed to the new replacement one where I could not.

Although the error code reader has the option to clear errors, it doesn't seem to work and the error remains.

I then disconnected the battery overnight to try to clear the ECU, but the error is still there. The error appears before the engine is switched on, so it does seem to be a stored error, rather than one being reported in real-time, I guess.

Does anyone know how to completely clear the ECU?

Post edited by Roald Dahl on

Advertisement