Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

daylight savings and night meters

• 29-10-2022 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭

Reminder all night rate chargers!

Ei changes to 11pm to 8am in winter time... make sure to check the meter time and your inverter... and fix your time of use charging!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

I guess it needs to be changed from 12-9 to 11-8?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Exactly.. so if you forgot and were charging to 9am today... you need to quick drop it to 8am.

My solis (and my eddi) actually time corrected itself... but the time of use charge time did not... so mine is full an hour early.

So I just set mine to drip a tiny charge until 8am so it won't give back to grid.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Discharge limit should be 0, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭yankinlk

doesnt matter if there is no discharge time set.

50.0A is the default for both... i change the CHarge limit when i want to charge less or more each day. NOrmally 10.0A for 9 hours sees my 5Kw full.

Oh, ok. I have been topping up too, generally 10-15A overnight does the trick for 19kWh battery storage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 viewofthehill

Apologies if this has been answered already but I'm looking at charging the battery at night and just want to check about times on meters and inverters.

Since the time change my inverter and meter are showing the same time. Is this correct? and setting charge time between 11 and 8 will avail of night rate? or should my meter be one hour further ahead and the time was set incorrectly at installation?

The time on the inverter is when it's going to act. The time on the meter is what you're going to be billed for. If the two are the same then jobs a goodun. I think at this time of year they are the same. Then at the change to IST the meter will be an hour off.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 viewofthehill

Thanks @ELM327. That helps to straighten out a few things but it doesn't explain some of the things that I am seeing from Solarman app/data.

I took a meter reading at the start of October when the EI price rise came into effect. I have a day/night meter and looking at the difference in the meter readings for the last 40 days I get 202 day units and 484 night units (686 in total). On the solarman app I am showing energy purchased of 551 units. Looking at the raw data this is broken down into 82 day units and 483 night units. While the night units are fairly close the day units are way off what is being recorded at the meter. Is there a reason for this large discrepancy in the meter reading and the data reported by the inverter/data logger? This didn't seem to be happening in August/September

I suspect one is measuring apparent power and one measuring actual power (the meter). I find the inverter not great for recording units purchased anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

Do you have batteries installed?

• Advertisement
Advertisement