Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any ideas where I can try out a 7 or 8 string guitar?

Options
  • 29-10-2022 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm thinking about a custom 7 or 8 string but need to try one out to make sure I'm comfortable with the neck. I'm a lefty but even a right handed one should give me an idea of what to expect. It doesn't seem like any of the shops in Ireland do them but I really, really want to avoid having to fly to the UK and back to try one out (because I'm not even going to buy one, just test it).

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

One of the bigger guitar shops in Dublin might have a 7 string. I've never seen an 8 string in person though.. Music Maker or X Music might have 7s - I bought a 7 string from Jimi's in Ballymount a few months back, so you might have luck there too. Worth calling them before travelling anyway.

Advertisement