Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flexi Flue Liner for Open Fire

Options
  • 29-10-2022 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all,

I am looking to install a flexi flue liner in an old stone cottage chinmey. It looks pretty narrow in places.

I know open fires required at least 8" flue liners but I don't think that will fit. Even a 6" flue might be tight by the looks of it.

Is it possible to use a 6" liner and squeeze it to a more oval shape to try get it to fit? Would that suffice?

Or if a 6" liner could fit down, would installing a glass door on the open fire be an option when it comes to regulations?

The fireplace is in the bedroom and I don't think I will be using it very often. There is damp/high humidity in the room and after I had open up the fireplace the humidity and the room felt drier and warmer. So I was thinking of keeping the fireplace open to pull out the damp air. The stone chimney, I'm sure has some holes in it so I was planning on installing the liner and filling around it with sand lime mix.

Anyone ever use flexi liner on old stone chimney and had trouble getting the right size?

Thanks

Tagged:

Comments

Advertisement