Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for an indoor light motion sensor

Options
  • 29-10-2022 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭

I just want a recommendation for one that runs off a battery, is easily attachable high on a wall and doesn’t need to be paired with an app to tell me everytime it’s gone off.

i could do with 2 recommendations; one where a cat wouldn’t set it off and one where it doesn’t matter.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

I got 2 like these before for the attic. Just stick or attach to wall on screw. One AA rechargeable battery and they just work.

In fact I just ordered 2 more. They seem to be the same as my original order.

Cat will set it off probably unless the cat can teleport. You could try put them at a high level so the sensor isn't triggered by the cat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

Could be the job, but do they come on during the day or only at dark? You might not be able to answer as they are in your attic so always in darkness?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

According to the blurb on Amazon they don't come on during the day. Also .. the link I gave is not the exact ones I got before but they look identical.

Just tested now. Took light into kitchen/daylight. Not coming on at all. No matter how much I try to trigger it 🙂 only comes on in poor light / darkness.

Also has a switch to switch on/off/motion controlled.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

I must have received a broken pair of these, on and off work fine, the “auto” function just means it comes on for a second and never comes on again. Returning.

Advertisement