Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three mobile deals are they any good

Options
  • 27-10-2022 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭

Hi, how are you? My mobile phone battery is not working properly and I need a new phone. The deal that I am on is 32euro unlimited calls and data,with some restrictions. I had to buy the phone the last time. Three offered me 35 euro deal free Samsung A33 with unlimited data but 100 free units that's calls and texts or 45euro free Samsung a53 unlimited data with 300 free units. Both phones cost over 350 to buy new. Should I take the new deals or buy a new phone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,564 ✭✭✭✭banie01

My own advice would be buy a phone and go SIM free.

If you can spend €200 upfront on a phone, there are plenty of options for calls/SMS/data at €15 a month and less.

I'm with 48 on their launch deal at €9.99 a month. That's gone up to €14.99 now for new customers but there a slew of MVNO's offering good deals. 48, GoMo, Lycamobile Tesco and a couple of others.

There are plenty of handsets that are far better value than the A33 in and around €200 and if you go down that route? You won't have to worry about rolling into a new 2 yr contract

Switch to 3 Prepay Hero or Gomo etc. and buy the phone separately. It will be cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭raher1

Can you name some better handset than the a33.

Post edited by raher1 on

Three changed the plan to Samsung a53 for 99 euros at 35euro plan. Tempted

If you are still tempted after reading the above posts then you are exactly their target market. Knock yourself out.

• Advertisement

Advertisement