Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daytona or Alpinestars

Options
  • 27-10-2022 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

New boots on the horizon. thinking on Daytonas €400, plus or Alpinestars at half the price. Thoughts and alternative recommendations appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

I have the Daytona Road Star Gore tex boots:

Although pricey they are bloody brilliant - what I'm most impressed about is their comfort when I'm walking about you can forget you're wearing them which is surprising because they look fairly big.

Also 100% waterproof.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 XT1200

@ IrishGrimReaper. Thanks for that. How is Daytona's sizing compared to everyday footwear. There is a nice saving to be had buying on line from The EU at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭emo72

100% Daytona. Bloody expensive bit brilliant boot

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Sir Galahad

Always have used Daytona. Buy online from Louis.de . And if you wear them out you can post them back to Germany to Daytona to have them refurbished.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

I'm a size 10 foot and bought size 44 Daytona's they fit perfectly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Alpinestar sizing can be weird, I'm a 9 in everything and could barely get into an 11

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭RandomUsername

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Allwheelsgood

Bought a pair of as new Daytona GTX Traveller boots from an ex bike cop in NI some years ago. Knew very little about them at the time but they fitted like a glove. Six years later and they are the only bike boots Ive ever owned and 100% waterproof.

Couldnt recommend them highly enough even if I had to pay full price for them..... they are worth it!

As to repairs.... returns to Austria/ Daytona are taking up to 3 months to receive back.... but come back as new again.

They are like slippers to wear so comfortable.

Advertisement