Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic holdup

Options
  • 26-10-2022 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭

Big traffic holdup on M7 yesterday Tuesday between J 14 and J15. Hopefully nobody seriously hurt. Visibility poor due to persistent rain and very wet conditions.baby body any idea as to cause of holdup. One thing I noticed was an ambulance trying to make its way from the south to the site and it did not have a clear run because on body knew wheather to keep right or left. I suggest that where there is such a holdup and there is no service area being kept clear , at all times for service vehicles that there is a space kept free on the right side of the motorway. The ambulance , in this case, was trying to weave its way in the middle of the motorway

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,342 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

If you have Twitter on your phone, create a list called 'Traffic'. As a minmum, add @TIITraffic and @LiveDrive to it. Then, if you're involved in a holdup, bring up that list and you'll find out what's causing it.

Others you may consider adding ....

@M50Dublin

@DCCTraffic

@DublinTunnel

@aaroadwatch

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

You'll be for the high jump if any of the cycling Gestapo spot you using Twitter while driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭sudocremegg

Clown with an immediate attempt at a derail. Doubt you'll see any cyclist on the M7. If you read the post you'd know all traffic was at a standstill too.

Posting after 19 days of nothing is hardly an immediate attempt at a derail 🤡

Some of the suggested Twitter feeds are nothing to do with motorways 🤡

Coylemj's post doesn't mention the M7 🤡

Anyways the law doesn't differentiate between traffic at a standstill or slow moving, or what type of road you are on, none would be legal to drive on while you access Twitter on your mobile. 🤡

Who's the 🤡 now!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭sudocremegg

Still you for letting the imaginary cyclist boogyman be your go to response off the bat 19 days later despite nobody asking. Rent free in your head and all that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭SeanW

There's no shortage of threads that were hijacked by cyclists.

And you're still the bigger 🤡 for assuming my reply was to the OP rather than coylemj.

Spook_ie still living rentfree in your head 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 28,418 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Pots and black kettles , from the lads obsessed with cyclists and cycling.

Did a cyclist cycle off with your missus or what?

No, but they seem to like bulldozing me out of their way on the footpath when I'm walking, while complaining that others aren't regulated enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,418 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Sorry to hear about your experiences with drivers.

• Advertisement

Was talking about cyclists. You'd asked about them, remember?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Lads this thread has nothing to do with cyclists!

Some of you are far off topic and frankly on the edge of trolling.

MOD: Back on topic, the next person who mentions cyclists gets banned.

Advertisement