Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Being able to Swim underwater?

• 25-10-2022 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭

I think I heard that exhaling makes it easier to get your body down. I'm also wondering is it harder to get yourself down if you don't have something to push off with your legs, or if you haven't dived? I tried this a few weeks ago in the ocean (not in Ireland) and I didn't get very far under. I felt that I couldn't tell how vertical/horizontal I was as my goggles weren't that good. I was too near the boat I'd been on and felt that I might hit my head off it, so I gave up.

I must go to a pool sometime and have a proper go at it. It can't be that hard to do?

Post edited by Brid Hegarty on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭Brid Hegarty

I tried it again today in a pool. I found that if I went down initially at a 45 degree angle, that it was a lot harder to get down, but that if I went down vertically, is was easier.

I imagined that I'd try the breast stroke when at the bottom, but instead I found myself kicking my legs in the regular (front crawl) way. I was still moving my hands in the breast stroke manner, but I felt that I had to do it very fast in order to keep myself down.

I must ask though, how does this guy manage to stay down at the 10 seconds mark while standing on that rope? It looks like his body is about to come up, when the camera cuts to another shot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Ronney

Obviously that guy is a different level when it comes to staying under water. He does have a weight belt on which will help him go down.

air in your lungs makes you float, try blow it all out and you should be able to sit on the bottom of a pool easily enough

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Rosalinda Eyes

You could always use this thing that Bond puts in his mouth at the 3:33 mark. I've always wondered what that was.

Advertisement