Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone here has a solarmeter?

Options
  • 25-10-2022 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭

As title aha. To my surprise the other week that I stopped by Reptile Haven and found out they don't have a solarmeter, i was hoping to do a quick test on my UVB bulb.

My understanding is that sure if we get well known UVB bulb/tube we should be confident that our reptiles are getting enough UVB roughly with how far the distance from the light etc - but in the end day checking with solarmeter is the ultimate confirmation. It could well save you a lot of money down the line as you would know exactly how effective the distance/position of the light in your enclosure, and when to change the bulb/tube etc.

Currently I have a small enclosure so I am good for now (btw the reptile group on FB is incredible, lead by Dr. Frances Baines), but I would still keen to try out a solarmeter on my setup lol. Next year I am thinking to go for a raised garden pond setup, so suddenly owning a solarmeter could well be possible as I would really want to have one to help with the design/position of the pond in the backyard.

So ya, does anyone have one on hand and care to share about your experience?

I mean, ya shelling out around £230 for a single purpose device if i collect it in UK (or near €300+ delivered to ireland), not a snap decision I could make lol.

Advertisement