Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hot Water tank

• 25-10-2022 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭

I am looking to replace my existing hot water tank. The current one is old and too small for people in the house. I have a Myenergi system in place and it's working well. I don't know the first thing about hot water cyclindars, only that the existing one loses heat in literally minutes. My oil boiler also coils into the cyclindar and heats it too.

Has anyone, with a similar solar setup, changed cyclindar recently. Are they are types I should be looking at? Ones that might be better insulated? Any recommendations?

Ta.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Any new tanks (that I've seen installed in last few years) come preinsulated so heat loss should be drastically reduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭spose

A lot would depend on your house…How many people, Do you have electric showers or are they fed off the tank. How big is your solar set up to heat it and do you also fill a battery so only heating water for a small part of the year. It’s just trying to find a balance between going bigger to get more use out of the solar but not going too big where for the rest of the year you are spending more heating water you don’t need. I have 300L with 6 in the house and it covers most of our needs

Advertisement