Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can A Professional Tour Event Return to Ireland ?

Options
  • 24-10-2022 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,807 ✭✭✭✭

An interesting article here …

with many notable and respected contributions and contributors….

My own view would be that the Helix would be ideal having facilitated the players tour championship, some years ago…again Mahoney Hall the seats can be taken out, two table setup. Theatre style incline on floor can and is often amended to a flat surface…

multiple hotels in easy reach, good public transport, close to the airport… so I’d imagine a winner with players and snooker fans…

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Spiderpig92

I think Goffs is the only spot suitable in the Dublin area anyway to host an event - albeit not a fully fledged 128 Player event - always thought the Tour Championship or Shootout were made for it. The Irish Masters lost a lot of it's spark when it went to Citywest in my opinion.

Anyhow the issue lies not in finding a venue as there are several but broadcasting and sponsorship. Couldn't see RTE going all in on a snooker event nowadays anyway, hope I'm wrong....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Genghis

Whilst up in Belfast at the NI open I gave this some thought. It would be great to have a weeks matches here.

Funny enough I also thought Helix could work. May also be possibilities with Convention Centre. Venues could be found.

Wonder if broadcasting and sponsorship could be got around by extending the "Home Nations" series into Ireland. Eurosport broadcast, BetVictor sponsor.

Downside is the new event it will not have any USP, it will be the same format as the other 4 events.

Advertisement