Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

going to uk

Options
  • 24-10-2022 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭

hi folks,dont know if this is the place to be asking this,if not mods please correct....i need to go to birmingham,from roscrea/tipperary, by coach, return,and i dont know how to book the tickets,can anyone help?thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭chasm

Info in this link.

You would need to book a connecting bus from roscrea to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,331 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

National Express (UK bus company) has a coach service from Dublin Ferry Port (Irish Ferries) to Birmingham coach station....

Check out your local bus operators for someone who will get you to Dubln port. Or just get a bus to Dublin and catch a local bus to the ferry terminal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭p_haugh

The recently re-launched bus Eireann eurolines service stops in Birmingham, you would still need to make your own way to busaras from Roscrea however.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Does it have to be a coach? The train would be better, Its about £40 https://www.irishferries.com/uk-en/Travel-to-Ireland-Specials/rail-sail/

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭OKDublin

OR take train and boat. There is a special fare that covers your train fare from Tipp all the way to Birmingham & includes boat. seat61.com explains it all. Go to the page "London to Dublin and Ireland" Scroll down to "How to buy Tickets in Ireland". (I can't include the links as I have only just registered on this site and it doesn't allow me to put links in posts).

• Cost of SailRail tickets bought in Ireland: Bought at least one day before travel, Dublin to London costs €60, Dublin to Birmingham or Leeds costs €54, Dublin to Liverpool or Manchester costs €53. Cork, Limerick or Galway to London costs €80.
    • Fares in euros for tickets bought in Ireland can be found using the journey planner at irishferries.com Note that tickets bought in Ireland are all of the walk up type, a reservation is needed (and included) on the ferry, but no seat reservation is required on British trains, you can take any suitable connecting train you like once in Britain, although no stopovers are allowed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,331 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Worth looking at the train. Ferry from Dublin departs at 08:05, arrives Holyhead 11:30, train departs 11:48, arrives Birmingham New Street 15:33. That's a direct train, there are no changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 wendybyrde

Browse our ticket types and set your detitanation from nxbus

this is best option

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭sniperman

thanks to you all for the help

Advertisement