Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Alpha rooms liquidation

• 24-10-2022 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi, I am looking for some advice please. I had accommodation booked through Alpharooms (a UK based company) for a hotel in Disneyland in May 2020. It could not go ahead because of Covid. I asked for a refund shortly after. I was told cash refunds would only be looked at the following April. In Oct 2021 Alpharooms went into liquidation and I have been dealing with the TTA ( Travel Trust Association) since then. Each month I receive an email saying thank you for your patience, we are working through it...bla, bla, bla bla. It was for just under 800 euro. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

You should have claimed back off the credit/debit card you paid with.

Too late now even with their extended timeframes.

I think you just have to hope the travel trust people follow through

• Registered Users Posts: 26 stressederic

Thank you for your reply. Yes, it's a pity I didn't know about that at the time. They suggested that I try that a few months ago. Surely they knew that I was over a year past the deadline. I really feel like they are stringing me along. I'm just disgusted at how I am being treated

Advertisement