Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Case Tractor Issue

Options
  • 23-10-2022 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi,

I recently purchased a case 1494 tractor and the front headlights won’t turn on but the other lights would. Now the beacon won’t turn on, indicators, brake lights, rear work lights, etc all won’t work. Anyone know where I should start looking or what could be causing them to not turn on. Thanks

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,709 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Get a wiring diagram and volt meter. If you don't know how to read the wiring schematic get an electrician to show you how.

Good skill to have.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Fine Day

We a 1494 here before. Yes I remember the front lights flickering one time on it and from memory I think the problem lied with a fuse/plug on the right of engine up near near the cab. A bad connection developed causing an intermittent fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭hopeso

It sounds like a bad connection. The fact that it's affecting all lights suggests that it's probably a major connection somewhere nearer the start of the circuit. Keep in mind that a tractor that age mightn't have all original wiring. Look for any repairs that might have been done over the years. They could be a weak spot if not done correctly.

Advertisement