Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stanley Aoife stove bricks

Options
  • 21-10-2022 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hi all,

We installed the Aoife Eco non boiler stove, I took out the back bricks not knowing what they were.

I know the order I took them out, but unsure if the back bricks is at the back or on the top

Luckily I took them out carefully with no damage to any of them.

Can somebody show me a photo of their fire Bricks in the same stove please?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Do you have the manual? Page 15 shows 3 firebricks. One either side that are notched to take the third on the top https://waterfordstanley.com/media/qheotwkp/stanley-aoife-eco-sf-nb-manual-010422.pdf

Top "brick" isn't really a firebrick its a vermiculite panel so quite thin and easily broken. Its also notched somewhat so it fits on top of the bricks either side.

I would expect that you'd see burn marks on the three bricks so it would be somewhat obvious where they overlapped at the joints when in postion.

Edit> I had a thought about the top brick - vermiculite panel. If it is as thin as I think it is, it might be worth drawing around it to make a template? Keep the template because later if the brick needs replacing you can buy a firebrick sheet and cut out a new one. https://www.hardwareireland.ie/product/Stove-Care-Fire-Brick-Vermiculite-Insulating-Slab-2072/

Post edited by The Continental Op on

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 emrk

Hi thank you! I was unsure of the top going to the top or back they are in again now!

Good idea I have done that too, and thank you for the link also.

Can you confirm how thick that top "brick" is and if it is a brick or a sheet of vermiculite board?

It is thinner than the side bricks but seems the same kind of material as them

What I'm really asking is if they are bricks in that they are quite heavy? Vermiculite board is very light.

• Advertisement

Definitely bricks! I looked again, all the same kind, and definitely not any kind of board

Advertisement