Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter gloves from shop in Dublin

Options
  • 21-10-2022 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭

I am going to try and buy some gloves tomorrow, just wondering if anything has any recommendations for winter gloves from any shops in Dublin. I will go to Bikeworld, Megabikes and Cotters, not sure if there is anywhere else worth checking out. I just bought a pair of Revit gloves online and they don't fit well, I should have sent them back, I was thinking they might break in loosen up a bit but i'm still waiting my summer gloves almost all the time because they are not comfortable.

I'd love to get something with unlined palms that as I have heated grips but not sure if anywhere would have anything like that..

I want something that is totally waterproof and ideally won't take more than 8 hours to dry after getting soaked.

Has good crash protection, a palm slider.

My summer gloves are Held, they are a perfect fit, they are size 8 1/2 so i guess I am between M & L.. Not sure if anywhere in Dublin sells Held, I have never seen their stuff anywhere..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

I haven't seen Held sold in any shops but I have closely related Held glove to this one:https://www.thevisorshop.com/en/Held-Air-n-Dry-Motorcycle-Gloves-Gore-Tex-Gloves-Black/m-15528.aspx

You should be a size 8 in them.

The Held gloves I own are the best glove I've ever owned they aren't too thick so very well suited to heated grips and you can wear them in the warmer weather too.

I've been caught in torrential downpours wearing them and my hands were the only part of me that stayed dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 TDK229

I bought a pair of Lindstrands Backa gloves 3 days ago, it has kept my hands dried and warm so far. Happy enough

• Registered Users Posts: 34,104 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

With heated grips I just wear my summer gloves if it's not raining.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Advertisement