Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"LAN Party" PC- what cases have handles anymore?

Options
  • 21-10-2022 11:58am

So I'm researching for a PC build and the usual needs are here, but I expect to be able to pick it up, load it into a car & move it between places. I rememeber Corsair made something called the C70 Vengance (if, BTW, anyone has one spare DM me....) but it's from 2012 and as you'd expect they're hard got. What would ye recommend today for a gaming PC that needs to be hauled about the place occasionally?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

LAN parties are long gone due to fast internet.

Just build a small format PC and it will be easy to carry. I doubt you can buy a case anymore with a handle.

If I wanted to be told to eff off without being told to eff off, I would have posted pro-Galway Ring Road stuff in the appropriate forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

I don't think he is saying f-off. Just that you may not find a case with a handle anymore.

That said, a quick Google showed a couple of lianli cases with handles. Maybe these will be available too:

https://levvvel.com/best-computer-cases-with-handles/

Would be cool to see what you find anyway.

FWIW, I love LAN parties and my friends and I will do at least one a year (when ever someone who lives abroad comes home at the least)

With modern pcs using mostly small solid state storage, PCs are smaller and lighter. You should be able to just pick her up and put it in the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I have a 20L mini-ITX build (Cooler Master NR200P) and tbh it's so small you wouldn't need a handle really.

On Geizhals the term you're looking for is "Tragegriff": https://geizhals.eu/?cat=gehatx&xf=535_Tragegriff

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Jon Doe

Geizhals used to be in En... you know what happened?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,025 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Lian Li TU150. They appear to still be produced but as WX variant, not sure how that differs from ..

... the one I used on this build 2 years ago.

Still love that build, but not sure this sort of case is going to be viable much longer with the insane bulk of 40 series GPUs.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,025 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Post edited by Lumen on

• Registered Users Posts: 13,982 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I would have thought that a mini ITX build with a decent light case is a better option. I remember handles being needed because the larger cases weighed 20+ kilos on their own and really were difficult to lug around.

Whatever you go with, if your hauling it around I'd avoid the glass panel sides. That's a recipe for disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Whilst a bit pricy, the sliger cases can be configured with a handle.

I'm using one here and I'm happy with it. I went without as one (cerbus) as it was marketed as the most compact m-itx case that takes an ATX psu.

Density are the EU distrubitors.

Advertisement