Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Ticketmaster the only place to buy tickets now?

Options
  • 21-10-2022 9:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

My partner is desperate to go to Celine Dion in March (reschedule since 2020 I think due to covid). It's fully sold out. I've no interest but I want to get him tickets for Christmas (we only got together this year so I know I'm very late to the party in looking for tickets that are sold out since 2020, but I'm nothing if not an optimist).

I'm just wondering, if tickets go on resale will it be through Ticketmaster only? I feel like Ticketmaster has closed the loop so they are the only company able to sell/resell tix.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭crl84

They're the only company for most gigs, yes. This is a choice that the promoter/artist will have made.

For some gigs there's multiple sellers, but usually small, independently promoted gigs.

I would imagine the only place to buy a Celine Dion ticket would be Ticketmaster.

Keep an eye on Toutless.com, people re-sell their tickets there at face value. For larger shows, there's usually plenty on-sale in the days/weeks running up to it, as people get sick, realise they can't go, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭mondeoman72

Toutless and adverts.ie

Advertisement