Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Births register 1950's

Options
  • 20-10-2022 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭

I need some advice about how to get a transcript of an original births registration from 1950's which was modified in the 1980's. I know of the 1950's entry from familysearch.org and the mother's name points to my family but it was changed to a different mother's name in the 1980's. Surname and townland would be the same for both possible births. We got a birth cert for the entry and it points to a known living person who is showing as 3 years younger than they were in national school. This is in Ireland incase there is any confusion.

Is there some way to get transcription or viewing (even by a third party) of the original entry?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I think you should ring the GRO and discuss it with them. If the original has been amended, then any copy you order will be the amended version.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭mikewest

I know, that is the problem because we received the amended birth cert. I wasn't in the GRO, it was my wife and her sister. I will try contacting them myself. Do you know if it is possible to get a transcription of the original(pre amended) entry?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

The register entry usually shows a correction. I haven't got one to hand here, but have seen them on irishgenealogy.ie

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement