Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Fibre Modem Eir fibre box 1A 1.0

Options
  • 20-10-2022 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi Guys

So, I set up a Eir fibre box 1A 1.0. I wanted to bridge it to a SonicWALL.

This worked fine on dynamic IP. But when I finally got a static IP off Eir the SonicWALL would not pick up a connection on the WAN port.

I called Eir and one guy told me you cannot bridge with a static IP. Then i called back twice after this and was told I could.

So that is first issue. After this resigned to setting it up usinf DHCP instead of PPPoe on SonicWALL and unbridged modem. This works fine but i need users to be able to remote in. So, I need to enable port forwarding on modem. No matter what I do I cannot open port 4433. Is this blocked by eir?

So, in short can you enable port forwarding on this modem? and is it possible to bridge modem to sonicwall with static IP.

Any help on this would be great.

Advertisement