Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WANTED : Icom IC-7300

Options
  • 19-10-2022 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

must be mint condition

Please PM me.

Comments

Can u stretch to the FTDX-10 ? Vastly superior radio, so much better audio too. Audio from the 7300 is quite harsh even the yaesu FT-891 sounds miles better.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Michael_Myers

Thanks - will keep a look out.

No bother, if on a budget the FT-891 audio is just brilliant with headphones, I always listen via headphones and it will make a great backup radio if you ever get another. The waterfall and all that is nice to have but if the audio isn't great it defeats the purpose, put it this way, on the 7300 I had to have NR on all the time, on the 891 hardly ever use DNR, the 891 can be connected to a computer for easier use, band changes, mode, power etc, but once familiar with it, it's not bad.

The FTDX-10 is a different league altogether but won't get one cheap 2nd hand for some time yet.

Advertisement