Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EVICTION BAN. SHAME ON ANYBODY WHO FIGHTS IT.

Options
  • 19-10-2022 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

This eviction ban is protecting my family from immediate homelessness. We pay our rent and take care of our home but our landlord wishes to double his profit and abuses the loop holes in Termination of Tenancy to put us out.

I personally have no problem with current landlords leaving the market. If you can't make money from the building, sell it and do something else with your life while you still have time too.

And why not sell it with the person who wants to live in it?

No point in wasting your breath trying to extract maximum money from people who are earning the minimum.

The right of a person to a home (while they pay their rent and take care of it) should always supersede the right of an investor looking to keep increasing their profit margin. This is called society.

The rental sector has proven unable to regulate itself and is out of control. The government has no option but to regulate the market. There is still plenty of scope for profit to be made... just not as much as in a deregulated market.

As a tenant who's had ten years of landlord's finding excuses to throw us out to put up the rent , its interesting to see how you landlords think. Some of you have a bit of heart, and some the sense to follow things legally, but the vast majority have no understanding of rental crisis tenants face when torn from their home for another persons ambition and greed.

You are renting a house, but it is someones home. Why not rent the home for a persons life? Why do you need to destroy lives for short term profit? Those of you who seek to evict us under false pretences deserve everything you get.

It is only a matter of time before we are squeezed so much, people will have no option but unionise, barricade themselves in and you will destroy your asset trying to remove a person from their home. I am not excusing bad tenants or those who don't pay their rent. I speak for those who do pay and take care of the home, and lose their home anyway so you can add a few hundred to your ledger.

You are not a lord, you are a service provider. You service homes... thats your job as the leasee.

If its not making money, sell up and do something else with your short life.

Post edited by L1011 on

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

This isn't a soapbox. There are threads discussing this already, but this type of post is not suitable for them.

Do not attempt to recreate this thread, or paste this post in to another.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement