Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thermia Heat Pump Display Fault

Options
  • 19-10-2022 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Just in case anyone else experiences something similar:

Thermia Heat Pump Display Fault - 1550 Duo Heat pump display screen (Type 901-511) stopped working - display was blank and green status led was off. This display is likely on many of the older models.

First advise would be to not touch any buttons! Pump will continue to run on current settings. In fact, best to disconnect the screen (connector) so that changes can't be made accidentally. Heat Pump runs fine without it but not possible to view or reliably change settings.

Research was suggesting that the oem replacement display would require a new front panel too! $$$ 😲

Some further research and found this website (Swedish): https://www.varmepumpsforum.com/vpforum/index.php?topic=49975.0

Some folks had managed to repair their display by replacing these 2 Capacitors on the board.

For me, #2 Capacitor was bad but best to replace both while at it. Replace with: Electrolytic capacitor 220 uF 16 V. Does not need to be low-ESR, but it is an advantage if it is a type that can withstand up to 105 Celsius. Plenty of options on Farnell\RS\Mouser\Digikey\etc (or due to minimum qty, I have a few remaining (FOC)). I chose to change to pin\hole mounted from surface mount as slightly easier given my soldering equipment & skill level!

Not my repair but below an example. All fixed for just a few euros.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,079 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Moved to a forum that's actually related to the topic instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 vho

Dear quinlaned,

thanks for your post - I fixed my heat pump problem with your help!!

Two new capacitors - everything is running fine.

Thanks a lot!!

VHO

Advertisement