Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Equivalents To The Main Irish Radio Stations In Other Countries

Options
  • 18-10-2022 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

So this thread is about all the versions of the main Irish Radio Stations in other countries around the world. I've got very good knowledge with UK and Dutch stations. Not so good with other countries though.

RTÉ Radio 1: France - France Inter, Germany - DLF, Netherlands - NPO Radio 1, Norway NRK P1, Finland YLE Radio 1,

RTÉ 2FM: UK - BBC Radio 1, Netherlands - NPO 3FM, Norway - NRK P3, Sweeden - SR P3,

RTÉ Lyric FM: UK - BBC Radio 3, Netherlands - NPO Radio 4,

RTÉ nan Gaeltachta: Nothing In England, Scotland - BBC Radio nan Gáidheal, Wales - BBC Radio Cymru

RTÉ Gold: UK - Gold, Norway - P9 Retro, Netherlands - NPO Radio 5 (Formally on 747AM)

RTÉ Pulse: No National UK Station, London - Centreforce 883, Germany - Sunshine, Netherlands - SLAM!

RTÉ Junior: UK - Fun Kids

Today FM - UK - Heart FM, Netherlands - QMusic, Norway - P4 Norge, Isle Of Man - Manx Radio 1368, New York - Lite FM,

Newstalk: UK - LBC, New York - WABC 770,

Radio Maria: There are Radio Marias in the UK and Netherlands

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭its_steve116

Not one of the main stations, but Radio Nova's UK equivalent would be Absolute Radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

BNR would probably be the Dutch equivalent of Newstalk.

I wouldn't compare Today FM and Qmusic. More music would be played on Q I'd say.

RnaG: Omrop Fryslân 😋

Advertisement