Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm looking for a chainsaw machine for my garden work. Can anyone suggest which product to buy?

Options

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,331 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

What work are you doing with it?

I find I can do most work with my now very old (about 30 yo at this stage) Stihl 023 with a 14 inch bar. If the engine was ever to wear out I know I could keep it going with a cheap chinese replacement pot and piston for around £40 from Amazon. If I've a lot of cutting to do or felling its what I use.

When I have a lot of small jobs particularly if they are very stop start like cutting up branches to go in my chipper I've started to use a battery powered chainsaw. I have the DeWalt XR one, it works well but pisses out oil when not in use.

If I was going to be doing a lot of felling I'd probably treat myself to something bigger than the 023.

Wake me up when it's all over.

Advertisement