Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

System of a Down Thread

Options
  • 17-10-2022 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all, big SOAD fan, I know a lot of you will have fond memories of Toxicity in the early 2000's. A band who seem to have been lumped in with nu metal unfairly, couple with the war of wills between Serj Tankian and Daron Malakian for the best part of 15 years now leave them a band that maybe could've been bigger than they are. Daron's vocal input has divided a lot of people, while Serj seems to have outgrown SOAD. Protect the Land & Genocidal Humanoidz showed signs of a return to form under special circumstances but they wont commit to writing a new album....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,695 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Their albums are in regular rotation for me. I had a ticket to see them in Germany in June 2020 but then the kung-flu screwed that over. I dont like any of the solo output but SOAD have some smashing songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 DwBaileNua87

The solo stuff is interesting as it shows who contributes what to SOAD. I prefer Daron's stuff being guitar-minded, a bit more cut and thrust but Serj's stuff is more melodic.

I'd honestly give the solo stuff a try, they are almost SOAD albums in their own right. Daron's Dictator album in particular is good.

I loved Elect The Dead and the first Scars on Broadway records but little else from them after that. I loved SOAD up to Hypnotize/Mesmerize, those records did nothing for me. Combined was there 1 decent record there? No, I don't think there was.

Advertisement