If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Transfer herd number - form needed

  • 16-10-2022 8:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭

    Can look into this with a farm advisor but anyone have any idea here?

    Transferring herd number from father to myself in January ( to make it cleaner for tax purposes and payments in Dec)

    The land is staying in his name and I will be farming it as a second income, so doubtful will earn anything from it as will be taxed 40%, but it will pay for itself. And will try to reinvest any little it makes in fencing, farm buildings etc.

    I was told before I could download a form from the internet that might be accepted as a lease agreement. Anyone done this?

    And I just need to fill out an Er1 form?

    Thanks for any advice on this.


  • Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭irishguy19772

    Er1 or ER2

  • Registered Users Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭893bet

    Are there entitlements with the land?

  • Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭irishguy19772

    Yes. Bps payment.

  • Registered Users Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭893bet

    There might be a challenge there but someone else can advise better maybe as I may have wrong end of stick.

    If he is not farming he can’t claim the BPS.

    If the entitlements are transferred to you permanently with out land also transferred then there is a % clawback (or there used to be).

    Though maybe you can rent them from him.

    I would ring them. As the public service departments go the are usually very helpful on the phone.