Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yard Act - Vicar St, April 26 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Gig was advertised as €20.50 on Singular Artists website. Go to Ticketmaster and they are €23.40, then another 4 quid of fees on top of that. WTF?!!!!!

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭ronano

Anyone know rough stage times?

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭fillup

I have 2 ticks for this and can't go

PM me if u fancy them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭Stillill42

What did ye make of that, lads? I was a bit disappointed. They lose a bit of their charm when the lyrics are not crystal clear and deadpan. Hard for them, he's a good front man, did his best but I didn't really feel it. Ideally, I think I'd like him in an armchair in the corner, enunciating clearly.

• Advertisement

Myself and my mate both agreed that it was underwhelming. Nowhere near the quality of Whelans last year, which we both thought was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

They had brilliant energy and the band were great , especially the lead guitar.

He's a good front man, and yea you're right about the lyrics not being so clear. There were a couple of songs where the lyrics were perfectly clear and it elevated the room.

I really enjoyed their energy and would go see them again.

Yes, thought the encore was much better, 100% Endurance is a great song, and he delivered that perfectly and the energy between crowd and band were defo at their best for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Agree with that summary

Tall Poppies wasn't great, a bit long and rambling in the live setting

100% Endurance, The Overload on the other hand, top class

Thought the new tunes were interesting, a bit of a departure from The Overload

Talented bunch, you'd imagine with a great second album they could go places

I'm curious as to whether other posters had seen them before? Found out today someone else i know saw them for the first time last night and also thought they were great. Like i said earlier, myself and my mate found it lacking and she's probably a bigger fan than me. And much less critical!

I liked the new tunes. Particularly the second one. Be interesting to see where they go on the next album. Last night i sensed a move to bigger venues could push them down a direction i wouldn't be fond of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Boooourns

I went last minute but like most here I came away a bit disappointed, I just couldn't get into it. Couple of the songs were really good and the band lash out the instruments but it just didn't click with me. I found the lead singer a bit boring at times during the songs, he just doesn't stop talking😁.

It wasn't what I was expecting from the album. Few of my mates were at the Whelans show and we're raving about it. One of them was with me and he enjoyed the gig but he's a bit of a fan anyway.

First time for me to see them, had ticket last March for the gig with Sprints but something came up, heard great things about that gig. It's always a tricky one, stepping up a level in venue size and it certainly felt like they're still figuring it out. Fair enough, that's natural. I also liked the new songs but we'll have to hear a bit more before we know where they're going I think. I'd be hopeful for them though. You'd have to think a band that can put together such clever songs have a better chance than some crowd just relying on making a big noise. I certainly wasn't put off the other night.

Advertisement