Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doomscrolling routine

Options
  • 14-10-2022 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭

There is plenty of doom to go around these days and its always nice to know how close we are to nucular armageddon. What is your routine? For me:

Liveuamap

Ukrinform

BBC

Slashdot

Used to look at the journal but cant schtick it anymore !

If I'm feeling extra doomy I'll look at the guardian the odd time. I think they have a pledge where they agree to match any normal doom they get wind of with at least the same amount of climate doom.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,359 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I'm decidedly positive so I stick to Boards.

Still, I'm up to verse on the latest wokism so there is that ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭xxxxxxl

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

catch alright, but a complete ripoff of masters of puppets

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭xxxxxxl

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

Prefer to keep it simple when it comes to doom

• Advertisement

Doomscrolling is a highway to anxiety for me. I'd always been a news junkie but the state of the world today is too much for me to process without it affecting me negatively. I don't read the news sites I used to read, I don't have notifications of breaking news turned on anymore, and I restrict myself to a morning news bulletin and no further (deliberate) news consumption during the day. Most further new bulletins are a re-hash of each other, so once is enough.

It's okay to not know everything as it happens, and if anyone is feeling overwhelmed by the problems in the world it's okay to limit your exposure. It clearly isn't a great habit to expose oneself to every single negative thing in the news.

Advertisement