Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

I see Citroen Ireland have a new website and about time too.

Options
  • 14-10-2022 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,600 ✭✭✭✭
    Ms

Unfortunately still no sign of the Ami on it.

It amazes me why there are not more new Citroens on Irish roads.

They have a great range now and some great PHEV and electric versions of there cars too.

The new C5-X is great value too and great deals on it too now. If you ever wanted an S-Class but can not afford one then maybe the C5-X is for you.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,355 ✭✭✭ofcork

Because they are french and will probably break your heart and wallet!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,600 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

That's just old and rubbish. A German car like a VW or a BMW is likely to empty your wallet a lot quicker than a French car from Citroen, Puegeot or Renault. They are some of the best built most reliable cars you can buy now even outscoring all the German brands in many reliability surveys.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Old prejudices die hard.

I never understood why so many people were unadventurous with their cars. ‘I drive a Golf just like everybody else’

Cui bono?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,600 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

In the 90s and early 00s there were plenty of Citroens on Irish roads. I think is more to do with they are more expensive than people are willing to pay for a Citroen now unfortunately.

Oh and by the way not everyone drives a Golf.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

My reference was a bit dated, it more like a sea of generic crossovers in bland colours these days.

Don’t get me wrong, I think everyone should drive as many different cars as they can, I just think we have a mindset of what a ‘good car’ is in Ireland and that’s very hard to break away from.

Decent finance and warranty to what drove the Kia/Hyundai surge here so hopefully Citroen can do the same.

Cui bono?

• Advertisement
Advertisement