Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Pls recommend new family car

Options
  • 14-10-2022 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Would really appreciate recommendations for a new family car. Would like to buy new and would like a hybrid. Really like the Toyota rav 4 but it’s about 5k outside our budget. Also like the Yaris Cross and that is well within budget. Our budget is about 40k. Any suggestions for a good reliable hybrid?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭Miscreant

Have you looked at the C-HR hybrid from Toyota? Starts at about mid 30k and would be bigger than the Yaris Cross (which I would not consider as a family car at all TBH). The C-HR is quite a very good car and is reasonably spacious for a family (if a little dark in the rear).

Other than that, in the Hybrid range for what I imagine you are looking for (from your initial choices, you want something with "height"), then you can take a look at Hyundai, KIA, Peugeot and most other brands but I imagine their offerings in the RAV4 size would be a little north of 40k.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Chrissy1

Thank you. I have looked at the c-hr and found it a bit dark and claustrophobic feeling in the back. Any thoughts on the Corolla saloon hybrid?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,139 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

CHR is quite cramped in the rear if your looking for a family crossover. The CHR is also being replaced by a brand new model next year. Toyota also have the new Corolla Cross launching next month: https://www.toyota.ie/discover-toyota/corollacross. Size wise it will sit just below the Rav4 but above the Yaris Cross and CHR. No mention of prices yet but I'd say it will be somewhere between the Yaris Cross and Rav4 pricing.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Chrissy1

The Corolla cross looks exactly like what I’m after. Thanks a million!

Advertisement