Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Honda Stream 2008 Rear window replacement ?

Options
  • 14-10-2022 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I've a Honda stream that needs a rear window. Unfortunately i can't seem to find a replacement. Lucky enough I've full windscreen cover that covers all windows except sunroof. My question is what happens if windscreen company can't source the window ? I would imagine the insurance will cover it to be written off. If this is the case then are the insurance company responsible due to the fact that I'm paying for window cover in policy ?

Post edited by DJ Dustin on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,357 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Finding the part is your responsibility, not that of the insurance company. The contract you have with them says that they will reimburse you if you get the part replaced. Read the policy document any number of times, you will find nothing in it where it says the onus of supply and/or availability is on them.

It's your problem, not theirs.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Without knowledge of the OP's contract you are in no position to say that, as you simply don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Try and find a frontal crashed one in a scrapper and buy the back door of them.

I've read enough policy documents to know that no insurance company takes on the responsibility of supply. If you know otherwise, go ahead and enlighten us. Meanwhile, here's a few examples of the disclaimers which gets then off the hook if you have cover for a piece of glass which is no longer available....

Zurich

Should any part or accessory of the insured vehicle become obsolete or unattainable from the manufacturer, the most we will pay for the part or accessory is limited to the cost of the part or accessory as set out in the last price list available from the manufacturer together with the current labour charges for fitting the part or accessory

Aviva:

We may at our sole discretion either repair or replace the windscreen or pay a cash amount for the loss or damage

Liberty

For all non-European or imported vehicles we will only pay the cost of parts available for a similar standard European model readily available in the Republic of Ireland market.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Fair enough but you still don't know what insurer the O.P. uses.

• Advertisement

You are or were in the business. The fact that you're highlighting what I do and don't know tells me that you can't name an insurance company who will pay you the full replacement value of your car if your windscreen gets smashed and you can't source a replacement. Because there isnt one.

Advertisement