Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Talk and text only SIM

Options
  • 13-10-2022 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭

Does this exist in Ireland? Want to get a sim for a child's phone but don't want any data on it for the moment. Any idea how or where I can get one? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

The only way is to get a talk and text package with no other credit so data can't be used.but they could still use wifi.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭davegilly

Do you know of any talk and text only though?

Every one I've checked includes some amount of data as well which I don't want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

You can normally ask the network to bar all data , even if it’s part of their price plan. I know you can do it on Vodafone and 3 so I’d imagine you should be able to do it on 3 Hero which is €15 a month, even topping up by less than €15 and then it’s pay per minute / pay per text? Maybe Lyca or Tesco would have a cheaper plan because data isn’t what you’re after but I don’t know if you can block all data with them.

Advertisement