Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPS lost my package and are now looking for Money!!!

Options
  • 13-10-2022 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I hope you guys can give me some advice.

I live right on the border of Rep. of Ireland and Northern Ireland and shipped a camera lens worth €900 to the UK for repair work which cost almost €500.

UPS delivered it back to me but were looking for a custom charge of €162.50.

The driver told me that the best thing to do would be to return it to the UK and get them to post it to a Northern Ireland address (because it's in the UK).

This was the last I seen of this lens.

I was back and forth with UPS and Fixation (the repair guys) for about four months before I just gave up. UPS told me that the package was unretrievable.

Anyway, about one year has passed and now UPS has got a debt collection agency on to me still looking for the custom charge of €162.50. (really rubbing salt in the wounds).

Has anyone any advice on what I can do? Do I just pay the money and cut my losses (which already is over €1000) as I'm never going to see this lens again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭ozmo

I was looking into this also for myself - thankfully it worked out and I didnt need to go through it all.

but there is a form on the UPS page to request refund - I know you didnt pay but you could start with that.

https://www.ups.com/ie/en/help-center/claims-support.page

Also on the Gov site about the tax it says you can request a refund of any Tax paid off UPS if you return goods - but you need to get proof from the seller they got it back - that could be tricky.

https://www.revenue.ie/en/customs/individuals/buying-online-personal/claim-refund.aspx

Also - you maybe should not have needed to send it back - I got a repair from USA years back - and although they wanted tax - I didnt have to pay it because I had an email trail to show it was a repair not a new purchase - they let it go.

“Roll it back”

Advertisement