Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do…..

Options
  • 13-10-2022 9:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

RTE radio one presenters at the end of a lot of their programmes……ream off the various people behind the scenes…..eg editor was X, on sound Y, producer was Z etc etc…….don’t hear it on any other stations..?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

BBC shows tend to end with the producer's name as well, or at least the ones I listen to do. Same as credits on a TV show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭Glaceon

Today FM used to do this when they had the National Lunchtime News, although that might have been a legacy of Radio Ireland.

I remember one time when Morning Ireland finished up with interviewing someone in Irish Rail, the presenter jokingly finished up the show with with the sound person "on points duty" and the producers "in the signal box".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

I have heard the backroom staff mentioned at the end of The Hard Shoulder on Newstalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭GSF

No local stations have producers 😉 Newstalk mention them all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

I obviously don’t listen to enough radio…🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭radiotrickster

You hear producers going on-air a lot on Today Fm so they probably don’t need to thank them, like JP on Ray Foley.

The majority of other stations wouldn’t have a producer outside of their breakfast programme so there’s nobody to thank.

Advertisement