Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to source a particular set of irons

Options
  • 12-10-2022 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 24,295 ✭✭✭✭

So I've been wanting to dump my mizuno irons for a while now... Was in the states last week and played a few rounds using a relative's spare set. Absolutely loved the weight and feel of them. Never hit so many greens in regulation... Even from lower irons.

They were TaylorMade M6s... Made up my mind to buy a set only to find that even though they aren't actually that old - they've already been succeeded by some Sim Max irons.

Now obviously I'll try out the Sim Max at the local McGuirks but I'd be perfectly happy paying half for a set of M6s - only I can't seem to find a set anywhere. Anyone know of any online warehouse type place for such "older" clubs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭IAmTitleist

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Quahog217

Try www.golfbidder.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭big_drive

Golf clubs for cash don't cover customs cost as far as I know

Golfbidder would cover those fees so even if prices look higher it could be same final amount by time your finished with charges incurred

• Registered Users Posts: 24,295 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Thanks very much lads. I see golfbidder sells used clubs and I see them asking near £400 for a used set of M6s. On the surface that seems a bit steap for a used set.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭plumber77

They may also take your mizunos in part exchange so that would reduce costs.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't want to knowingly inflict those yokes on anyone 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Dbu

Have used them, and their rating of a 7/10 for example would be a set in top notch condition. They are ultra reliable with their ratings

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭big_drive

Ya I've used them a few times, if anything they underrate the quality of clubs

They're not cheapest site but you're guaranteed top quality products. Also you can return within 7 days if not happy for a full refund, obviously once they're in same condition. Gives a chance to try on range or course and see if they work. A lot of other sites wouldn't offer this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭token56

You could also keep an eye out on Deise Golf World facebook page. They have a pretty steady stream of used clubs coming in and out and usually decent prices. Unfortunately you tend to need to be actively watching out as things can go quick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

No help but maybe a word of caution, anytime I've used clubs on holiday I've generally been happy/impressed with them but the overall conditions (weather, heat, firm ground etc.) and novelty factor might be a big factor in the impression of a different set of irons.

Not sure if that's the general consensus but it might be something to consider.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Par72

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

If your a member of a club could be worth asking(if you have one) in your Proshop. M6's were as you just experienced, incredibly popular in the rental market so could be gotten relatively easily by club pros through their reps.

I know they were still available as of last year through reps, not sure if they've been changed out for SIM at this stage though(when you consider Stealth is now on the retail scene)

They are imo all effectively the same type of iron to hit, just some technology improvements release to release.

I was up until a few weeks ago using a set of TM Burner 2.0's for about 10 years. Friends all got M6's about a year ago. Hitting them was much of a muchness for me. I've hit the SIM irons and Stealth.

I'd say more so what your finding is you like TM irons. I'm one of those people, I tried moving away and using other brands but always come back to TM irons.

Adverts would be a good shout in the meantime, and if you have a pro shop or even local clubs keeping tabs if they have M6 rentals as they might put them out for sale if TM push them to swop out to SIM rentals.

Thats how I originally got my burners. They were a rental set that luck so had it were just never used and the pro needed to clear them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭benny79

Just on the above. Remember ball travels a lot further in the heat Especially the likes of Spain & Portugal. Hence hitting more greens in Reg.

Advertisement