Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Gate Keypad Question

Options
  • 12-10-2022 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭

We have electric gates and they've been fine for three years, but I tried to change the code and they've developed an odd behaviour.

If you walk up and put the code in the gates open but the fobs stop working, and the gates don't close on their own

To resolve this, you have to go back outside and enter the keycode twice (so the light on the keypad turns red), and then the fobs work again and the gates will close again of their own accord.

This never happened previously and I'm wondering if there's a way to reset it so that entering the code doesn't screw it all up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,533 ✭✭✭kub

I think that when you attempted to change the code on your keypad you inadvertently programmed it so that the relay which sends the signal to the gate controller behaves differently.

Could you post a picture of that keypad please or perhaps tell me what make and model it is.

Advertisement