Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone recommend someone to dig a hole for an inground trampoline

Options
  • 11-10-2022 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm based in Galway (claregalway) and I'm trying to dig a circular hole in my garden that's 11ft wide and 1 meter deep in the middle.

I've started and filled about 2 x 1 tonne bags to make sure we don't hit any waste pipes so far it's good so I feel comfortable now to get a man and a digger in. (We noticed that the planning documents for the house where not 100% accurate...)

Galway being Galway, it's a lot of clay and stones, so back breaking work with a shovel.

I'd like for the person to be able to take away the soil also.

Any one have any recommendations I could use and if you have a guideline on price that would help also.

Many thanks

Steve

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Darkslcie

Already have, I hit a soak away piece when digging (it close to where we expected the waste line to be so we hit the gavel that incorporates it. (We had no puddles in the hole with all the rain so far)

If we get to a stage where we have water issues we have some options available 👍

For those interested, I ended up doing this myself.

Needed a 12 cubic yard skip for the 11ft trampoline. €345

Also hired a 1.5ton mini digger for a week €300+VAT.

Took about 3 days if solid digging and moving soil to the skip

No pooling of water in hole during this yellow rain alert 👍

Each to their own but that appears to be a lot of work and cost for something the kids will probably grow out of in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,494 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

He can change it to a water feature maybe in the future :)

You know it, will be a pond in the future 👍

• Advertisement
Advertisement