Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

awkward banking

Options
  • 09-10-2022 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I wanted to make a money transfer using mobile app but I was suddenly logged out of it. The app asked me to re-register my phone with 365.

• when I tried I got a text message from BOI saying that there is a problem with my phone number (which I use for 16 years with BOI) so I can't register my device.
    • it's Sunday so there is no customer service to talk to. World works 7 days a week but it looks like BOI operates only Monday to Friday and whole world has to wait (BOI ATMs also go out of service from Friday afternoon until Monday morning, something unseen in any other country with any other bank)
    • I tried to enter my account using a stationary computer, but guess what, I have to confirm my login using the mobile app - the one which I can't register for some unknown reason.
    • So tell me BOI how do people access their money on the weekends?
    • And if I go to another country and will have to transfer money and pay urgently for something, and there is no wifi or mobile network to use the mobile app, I won't be able to access my money too.

Your ridiculous 'security' is not a security at all but an obstacle and short sighted solution. Situation I am in now wouldn't have happened with any other bank. Why won't you guys just observe other banks, try other apps and learn from them? I am really tired of awkward BOI banking...

Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi there,

Thanks for your post here on Boards.ie.

We are sorry to hear of the difficulty experienced and would advise contacting our support team on 0818200362 to have this investigated further.

Our ATMs are available 24/7 and do not close for the weekend. If a lodgement is jammed this can impact lodgements however, the withdrawal side would be available.

If you wish to raise a formal complaint about your experience please see our Customer Complaints Process here.

Thanks

Tara

Advertisement