Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complaint against Mod Beasty

Options
  • 09-10-2022 12:09pm

I opened a thread in Help Desk to make a suggestion (I realized later this belonged in Feedback and put it there) and ask a question.

A poster from a thread from which I was banned posted in my Help Desk thread to troll me. I reported the trolling posts. I dm Mod Beasty and asked him to apply his standards equally. He had threadbanned me for “low level trolling” (I have been in dm communication with him on this which I am sure you can check). His response to my complaints about the direct trolling was to close my thread. The offending poster was not threadbanned. In effect I have been sanctioned again by having my thread closed. No thread sanction was imposed on the troller.

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,128 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Moved to the proper place.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,715 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Who do you wish to complain to?

And to be clear the only people who can check the Private Messages between is are you and me

I am assuming that when there is a dispute between poster and mod there is a resolution procedure. I put it in dispute resolution for that reason and it was moved here.

Are you saying that when there is such a dispute no one else reviews it?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,715 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

At present there is only one active Site Administrator dealing with these issues

As I have told you via PM you can appeal a threadban through discussion with the mod. In your case I upheld the threadban - you gave me zero indicatioin you would stop your trolling and hence there was no basis to lift it

The dispute resolution process deals with pointed warnings and forum bans, not threadbans.

As I made clear my dispute raised with you is about the closure of my thread here after I had been trolled. It is a dispute with you over the effective sanctioning of me for being trolled.

In my first post in help desk I pointed out that you had said you were not changing the threadban. Any fair minded person would conclude as I did that attempting to discuss in those circumstances is pointless.

In dm I emphatically rejected and refuted your claims of trolling. Anyone looking at that thread will see that another poster went to the trouble of supplying page numbers and point numbers to the person who queried me repeatedly and he still did not understand that the Law reform commission issued a report in 1994 and again in 2016 with the information requested. You can publish our full exchange of dm if you wish.

• Advertisement

Not wasting any more time on this. Your threadban stands. There is no formal appeal against threadbans and that is not changing any time soon

Do not start another thread on this

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement