Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Motor tax - print in office

Options
  • 09-10-2022 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

The tax disc is in the post and my partner's test is tomorrow.

I believe they don't accept the online receipt? Is there a way that the disc can be printed in the motor tax office?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,263 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I'm afraid not, there's security features on it that need a special printer and ink. Should be done away with really like UK and ANPR pick up the non taxed cars.

Hopefully it arrives tomorrow first thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,373 ✭✭✭cml387

They used to have blanks which they filled in by hand in the Tax office and you'd get it that day.

Is that no longer the case?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,446 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I have often gotten the tax disc in the MTO they print it out when you pay there.

You can't do that if you pay online though. Just gotta wait

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭Buffman

Yep, if the OP hadn't paid online and just went into their local motor tax office and paid there, he would have walked out with the tax disc. If everything is in order, they print it there and then and give it to you. And they even still take cash.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jeepcj

Since covid some of the motor tax offices are closed to the public, so only online or post renewals, i know Dublins is closed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭Buffman

Jez, that's really taking the mickey big style at this stage, my one has been open by appointments since after the first lockdown.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭9935452

Mine is open to walk in .

If it is still restricted, it is taking the piss. The whole country is open ,restrictions lifted

• Registered Users Posts: 6,482 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Did he/she pass the test?

Advertisement