Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

End of Lease one renter is moving out

Options
  • 08-10-2022 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey All, we are currently 2 people sharing rent in a 2 bedroom from a private landlord. The lease ends in December and he will be moving out and I will be staying. Can the property company force me to sign a completely new lease, hence bypassing the rent increase cap? I will definitely be looking to get a replacement for him as I dont want to pay the full rent.

Thanks

Comments

If its in a rent pressure zone there will be limits on how much the rent can be increased by. If you have been a tenant for the last year and not a licensee you don't need to sign a new lease and it probably won't benefit you anyway. Your part 4 rights should have kicked in. The person that moves in will need to sign a lease agreement.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

The person who moves in won't have a separate lease. The landlord will most likely not want two separate leases on one property. If the o/p stays he will have to pay the full rent and take in a licencee with the permission of the landlord or else ask the landlord to agree on the assignment of the interest of the departing person to a new person.

Advertisement