Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

~Sky on Demand the small box on the top of sky box.

Options
  • 08-10-2022 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭

First of all I rang Sky TV but all I got what was an automated answering machine. So what I'm trying to look for is how to tune in my internet to my Sky box. When I go to settings and and go to use my connection when I add my password to my internet connection it says fault we connection. How do I address this problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭swoofer

I have to guess as lots of info missing but did this ever work? It sounds like a box that is used to get sky on demand in a box that has no facility. The small box on top should be powered off by pulling out the power lead, wait a minute and power it back on, the password you need is the wi fi one on the back of your router.

Post edited by swoofer on

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

As I recall and it is some years since I had one, Sky+HD boxes had no built in WiFi capability (only Ethernet) and you had to buy a small separate adaptor (which I think was called the Wireless Connector) to be able to join wifi networks. That is I think the “small box” the OP is referring to but tbh I think we need more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭thesultan

I have that..

It did work but changed internet and hasn't worked since

are you sure you are inputting the correct pasword for wireless, its on back of router and its different from password to access router.

And have you anything else connected wirelessly to router like a laptop or phone?

who are you with now

• Advertisement

Changed to eir but young wan changed the password.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,830 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Get the password from her or better again, pin reset the router change the router access password and you take control of the internet you're paying for. That was attempted in my house too but ain't happening.

Surely the changed password will work too?

It will if its correct, thats why you need to check if any other piece of kit is connected wirelessly and see the password used.

Advertisement