Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creeslough tragedy - condolences only.

Options
  • 08-10-2022 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,855 ✭✭✭✭

Through time perhaps this thread will bring a small bit of comfort to the families and friends of all those who died or have been injured and who are enduring untold heartache and grief. We just want to let them know that people here in Donegal and throughout the country and beyond are thinking of them and offering prayers.

On behalf of everyone at Boards.ie I extend heartfelt sympathy to all those who have been affected in any way.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Sad and shocking news, RIP.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,860 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

A pal of mine is from the area, lives locally, and has been involved in an official capacity since the start. I presume he knows some if not all of the people involved.

I cannot begin to imagine how hard that must be.

Thoughts and condolences with all caught up in this, no matter how.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭triddles

Horrible news , I hope some of the injured can recover fully. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,517 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Awful news and a massive blow for the community there. May the memories of those who lost their lives there be a light in the darkness of the grief still to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Goodigal

Devastating news from a small community. May you all come together and support those in need through these very sad times. RIP those who never made it home last night.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,514 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Deepest sympathy to the family and friends of those who died.

Also to the wider community as they try to deal with this terrible tragedy.

RIP to those who started out on an ordinary day yesterday, and never came home.

Tragic beyond words.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Sincere condolences to the bereaved. Beyond shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Recliner

Words of sympathy feel almost inadequate.

May all affected by this tragedy be surrounded with love and in time find healing and peace.

RIP

Sincerest condolences to all who have been affected by this terrible tragedy.

RIP.

Heartfelt condolences to those who have lost loved ones.

There are no words that can help right now.... I only wish there were.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,397 ✭✭✭✭elperello

RIP

Sincere condolences to family and friends.

I have relations in Donegal and spent some very happy days there, so sad to hear of this tragedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Heighway61

Mother and son coffins just went by. :(

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Penfailed

The first of the funerals is occurring this morning. It's all so incredibly sad 😔

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

I want to offer my condolences to all of the family, friends and colleagues of those who died in Friday's tragedy in Creeslough. It was a shocking and awful thing to happen and I think everyone in the country has felt it in some way but none more than those close to Creeslough. For those of you near to the tragedy in whatever way, please take care of yourselves and each other in the coming days, weeks and months.

Niamh.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 jimdavey

i would like to offer my condolences to the people of creeslough and all who were anyway involved or caught u p in the tragedy in donegal on friday.. love and peace to everyone..

• Registered Users Posts: 85,321 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Seeing the funerals on the news and the victims photos, my heart breaks for all the families, friends and community

A small rural village thrown apart by an awful tragedy

My condolences and prayers

• Registered Users Posts: 67,064 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Unfathomable happening.

Hope those good people of Creeslough and all the families get the strength to continue.

Advertisement