Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread ban; advised by mod to post here

Options
  • 07-10-2022 5:58pm

A suggestion and a question.

I’m following advice from Mod Beasty that there is no appealing a thread ban he won’t change anyway but that I could post here. So the suggestion is that no sanction should be allowed without right of appeal.

The question is how to close my account and ensure GDPR compliant data deletion.

Thank you.

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,715 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

No, I told you that if you start a thread I will say to you here what I said to you via PM

You were low level trolling. And you did so persistently.

Please see the Site Privacy Notice for details of how to close your account

https://www.boards.ie/content/privacy

Part 7.2 provides info of how to request an account closure

Yes. “You can of course start a thread in Help Desk, but I will tell you there what I am telling you here and I will not be lifting this”.

I took that as advice. If you didn’t intend it that way you might have phrased it differently.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,715 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I was just making the point the threadban stands whatever you say here

For other posters reference please note that it seems when you post a thread here you are not allowed comment in other threads here.

A post I had deleted contradicted the mod Beasty who said I had started a thread here to discuss my threadban. As any fair minded person can see I didn’t. My thread begins with “ a suggestion and a question” and states those. There is no further detail given by me as I have already been told it was pointless.

Draw your own conclusions.

• Advertisement

Noted

Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement