Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat behaving differently towards food

Options
  • 07-10-2022 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi

We adopted a cat last year. Shelter advised dry food but for our one advised wet food too because she wasn't eating great.

We did this, we settled on Purina Gourmet we also left dry food out too so she'd be used to both.

Anyway, we noticed a week ago she was trying to hide her food, overturning her dish and everything.

So we didn't leave out food instead waiting until she wanted food. This worked more or less but still not fully, if she picks now she wants to bury it. Whereas before she came back and forth to it or we gave a fresh one if it was drying up.

Anyone experience this sudden onset of peculiar behaviour?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,570 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Has she been threatened or injured in some way? Is she an outdoor cat? Have you noticed her losing weight?

You should take her to a vet to get checked out firstly but it could be some environmental factor that she's not happy with. Something has happened that has upset her routine. And routine is so important to cats. I only put out wet food for my cat when I'm there so she associates it with me. She's picky too and will only eat a certain amount but eventually eats everything. Just in a few sittings.

Advertisement