Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anne Rice's Mayfair Witches [AMC]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,204 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Did anyone check it out?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Yes I've watched the 2 episodes released to date and quite enjoying it. The lukewarm response from critics has surprised me, there's nothing really like both Anne Rice shows on TV right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭andala

3 episodes in I'm still not entirely sure if I like it. It started strong, kept me interested now the slow pace may put me off since it takes a week to see the next episode. I absolutely love the cinematography and the sets, most characters seem well cast and I will not give up on it just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Its a weird combination of a slow horror and True blood. The vampire seems miscast though, in every scene he seems a bit hammy and the cast itself seems very small, making the world seem very small. I havent seen the recent interview with the vampire tv show so cant compare it with that.

Vampire? If it's Lasher I don't think that's what he is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Does anyone know if this will be shown on sky or Netflix?

I don't think anytime soon. I believe Amazon UK got IWTV so maybe that's an indication where Mayfair will end up.

For the amount of money AMC invested in Rice's books while culling other shows, you would think they would attack as many territories as possible.

If I had to guess both shows will be on Amazon Ireland maybe late spring/Summer if we're lucky?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

That would be great I’ll keep an eye out for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,045 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Mayfair Witches is coming to Shudder and this service is available in the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Shudder is available in Ireland it's only like a fiver a month I've signed up around October times for about 3 months and cancel then for about the last 3 years its decent but limited and player can be finicky at times they do have a free trial still.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,045 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It starts on BBC2 on Wednesday the 6th of December at 9pm

Advertisement