Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK websites who cover custom charges

Options
  • 06-10-2022 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone knew of UK sites who cover customs, vat, etc

Golfbidder and Clubhouse Golf are the two I'm familiar with, feel free to add. Might be handy for anyone buying in future not to get caught

I used buy a lot over the years ebay. I worked out an example today out of interest. A set of Titleist irons on ebay for £300, by time you've paid for customs etc cost will be approx £430. So you'd be better to just go straight to likes of golfbidder and buy the irons if available for the £430, as an additional costs will be covered by them but it's probably a less risky option than ebay. Plus they also have a policy where you can return within 7 days if not happy

Used be great deals on ebay at times but Brexit has definitely narrowed the options available

Where are others using for purchases? Or it just easier these days to shop local

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 sean.ocall

I've bought from golfsupport in the past year, they cover charges etc. so the price you see is the price you pay. They used to post free to Ireland for orders over €120 but it looks like that has risen to €200 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭big_drive

Brilliant, I hadn't heard of them. Good to have a few options, sites can have various sales at times so sometimes a decent bargain can pop up

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭golfer79

Scottsdale Golf and Snainton Golf both offer wide ranges and cover all custom charges in their inclusive prices. Have used both. Clubhouse Golf also, as already mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭AyeGer

Golfsupport.com also.

Advertisement